Obtaining a Cyprus temporary residence permit (Pink Slip)
This permit is the perfect solution for persons who wish to prolong their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). This type of permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed on an annual basis. Under this permit, a person is allowed to live in Cyprus on a temporary basis and also bring his close family members to live with him.
In order to be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant will firstly need to show that he has adequate income from abroad to cover his living expenses whilst residing in Cyprus without the need to find employment. Furthermore, the applicant will need to prove that he has suitable accommodation. It is possible for non-EU nationals to either rent or own property in Cyprus. It is important to note that if the holder of a Temporary Residence Permit stays outside the country for a period of more than 3 months, then such permit is automatically cancelled and the permit holder will need to apply again.
Applicants should provide the Immigration Authorities with the following documents:
- Application on the prescribed form;
- A copy of the valid passport or other document, with an expiry date of at least 3 months after the date of application;
- A copy of the passport or other document, around the date of the last entry or visa to Cyprus;
- Original bank guarantee, issued by a Bank of Cyprus, for a period of 1 year to cover potential costs;
- Health insurance
- Marriage certificate with an official translation by the P.I.O.;
- The title deed of the owned-property or lease agreement;
- Proof of income from abroad (for example, pension, bank statement, dividends, rental agreement, etc.);
Extract from a Bank of Cyprus confirming the availability of funds.
For any enquiries and questions, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you with applying for such permit.