Our team of expert corporate lawyers in Cyprus has a combined international expertise that allows us to cater for the legal needs of local, EU, and international businesses alike. We offer a full range of legal and corporate services relating to the incorporation, management and administration of companies locally and abroad, as well as fiduciary services. We also provide legal advice, including domestic and international tax planning, to Cyprus companies.
The beneficial corporate tax rate of 12.5% in Cyprus, together with other favourable tax provisions and incentives, have established Cyprus as one of the most favoured holding company jurisdictions in Europe. The combination of this favourable tax regime with its wide network of Double Taxation Treaties have contributed to making Cyprus a sought-after location for investment by the worldwide business community. Tax advantages include no Cyprus tax on the disposal of securities, foreign dividends, profits from foreign branches or disposal of foreign real estate, and no CFC rules or withholding tax on outgoing dividends, royalties or interest.
Experts in this field, we are able to assist clients with:
- Company registration in Cyprus and a large number of other foreign jurisdictions as the BVI, United Arab Emirates, Channel Islands, Panama, Seychelles, Dutch Antilles, UK & Hong Kong and also advise on various matters relating to the incorporation process
- Registration of tradenames & trademarks
- Management and representation in Cyprus & overseas
- Company Restructuring
- Corporate Finance – advice on all aspects, including venture capital funding, equities, bonds, asset based securities and the beneficial restructuring of loans
- Corporate Governance
- Shareholders Agreements
- Securities Law compliance
- Land conveyance & related investments
- Cyprus tax matters, including corporate tax, income tax, VAT, capital gains tax and stamp duty law matters.
Additionally, members of our team of lawyers have specialist knowledge of the following commercial issues:
- Protection of intellectual property
- Acquisition of Cyprus Investment Firm License
- Commercial international trading contracts
- Franchise Agreements
- Agency and Distributorship Agreements
- License Agreements
Our clients may also benefit from a range of additional services crucial to the establishment of companies in Cyprus, offered by our associate corporate service provider firm, Multilysis Services Limited, i.e.:
- Statutory secretary services
- Registered office facilities
- Provision of directors
- Virtual Office facilities
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
- Assistance with banking needs and bank account opening
- Administration services
- Obtaining and renewal of Visas and work permits etc
- Applying for Cypriot Citizenship
With a successful track record in all areas of corporate litigation, N. Pirilides & Associates LLC facilitates the entire corporate and commercial legal spectrum. We strive to understand each and every business and to develop a long-term partnership with our clients, enabling us to not only address problems before they arise but also to recognise future value-adding opportunities that may be presented.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We regularly deal with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and management buy-outs, expertly advising the increasing number of companies - driven by tax law changes – which wish to strengthen their position by a revision of their corporate structure.
Whatever the size or type of business, ensuring that company acquisition or disposal is correctly handled is essential. This complex area is subject to frequent changes in the law, and whether this is a first transaction or part of a portfolio of commercial enterprises, expert advice is needed on the essential legal aspects.
Drawing on professional advice and knowledge reduces the risk of transaction failure, ensures that necessary due diligence is performed and confirms that the correct documentation is in place, thus avoiding future unexpected liabilities and guaranteeing swift and successful approval of the venture by the Courts.